It’s all in the design – Booklet Printing
It’s all in the design…
We can help you with our end-to-end booklet printing service, so that your booklet gets across what you want it to say in an engaging and compelling way, that’s on brand (and on budget, naturally).
From initial brief, to creative concepts, design layouts, print consultancy and proofing… our booklet printing service is geared to help you. Although, quite possibly you have your own design team that’s working on it. And that’s fine too, as we can work with them on whichever aspects you need advice on. However, if you simply want to sense-check what your design team should be considering from the outset, here are some basic guidelines.
- The common booklet size is A4 or A5.
- Keep in mind that the booklet should have the proper margin to allow enough space for the holes for your selected binding.
- Consider the type of paper you want to use. It will be vital in creating the kind of impression you want to make – for both the outer cover and the internal pages.
- Think about the use of colour and how this fits your budget.
- The font and size of the font you’re using – which may be dictated by your brand – but if not, it will make a big difference to the page layout.
- Speaking of which – your page layout. Make it easy to read and navigate, with a good use of space and headings.
- A contents table and a page number reference is often handy.
- The cover – make sure it’s noticeable, reinforces your brand and has a clear message (or title) as to what the content is all about.
- The binding.
- What finishes are appropriate? Gloss versus matt laminate. Maybe even spot UV or some embossing.
Of course, this list isn’t exhaustive, merely a checklist. Whether you use our booklet printing service for all of it, some of it, or none of it, we genuinely want to help your booklet be the best it can be. That’s why we’re here if needs be. You know where we are.
About the author
Digital Marketing Assistant
As Digital Marketing Assistant at Print4UK, Lewis helps with all aspects of digital marketing – from social media, to web design and from email campaigns to PPC. Being social media savvy Lewis settled into the role with ease. He is looking forward to making a real impact on what goes on at Print4UK, by taking their digital marketing to the next level.